I’ve been painting the town green the past five years. What I mean by this is that I’ve been telling everyone and anyone about my love of plant-based eating, as well as drinking green juices and smoothies. My family has been on board, knowing that I feel vibrant and my health is stable. (So there aren’t many “EWWWWW, that looks gross” comments.) We hit a huge milestone four years ago. Not only did my then, 6-year old, ask to try my green smoothie recipe, but he also wanted seconds. That interested my husband, who has been craving them ever since.
The past few years Pretty Wellness has taken the message on the road speaking about healthy living for corporate folks and college students. After my presentation at Best Buy headquarters a sample of my kid-approved green smoothie was handed out as people exited the theater.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get your family and friends to eat more vegetables, try our recipe below. Trust me, it’s delicious.
If you prefer a heartier meal, rather than a fulfilling snack, try creating your own smoothie bowl using this recipe and your favorite fruits, seeds or nuts.
- 1 cup cauliflower frozen
- 1 cup kale frozen
- ½ cup butternut squash frozen
- 4 cups of milk (I use oat milk)** if you use other milk, you may need more dates/sweetener
- 10 medjool dates (soak them for 10 minutes, then pit for optimal usage)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pour 3 cups of milk in the blender
- Add all frozen veggies and blend until liquified (about 1-2 minutes)
- Soak medjool dates for ten minutes, then pit
- Add 1 cup of milk, pumpkin pie spice and dates and blend until liquified (30 seconds)
- Taste - add more pumpkin pie spice, dates (or maple / agave syrup) to your liking
- Pour in glass to drink immediately or store in airtight containers.
These directions work best with a high-speed blender. If you use a traditional one, be sure to blend on a high-speed for a few minutes. If it is still chunky, add more liquid/milk (and an extra date and spice, too.)
My favorite smoothie-making tools:
Do you drink smoothies? What are your favorite fruit or veggie combinations? Please comment and share with us below.
For wellness daily tips and inspirational ideas on healthy living, clean eating and a non-toxic lifestyle, please follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Looking for a speaker to inspire your organization or business team? Hire me to present or facilitate a seminar on resiliency, positivity and wellness in the workplace. Check out my business website and demo reel at CarynSullivan.com. I can be reached at [email protected].
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I may receive a commission with no costs to you. I pro-actively try various products and then affiliate myself with these items that I already use and love.