When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer at age 31, I was clueless where to begin. Should I go with the physician I felt most comfortable? Should I get a zillion opinions? What questions should I ask doctors? Should I tell everyone? Do I want them to help? I didn’t know, which cancer resource to read. This page can be used as a simple guide to help provide some hope and advice on dealing with breast cancer.
If you’re looking for a more comprehensive go-to about how to navigating the first few weeks after diagnosis and throughout the initial phase of cancer, I’m proud to introduce you to my first book, Happiness through Hardship: A Guide for Cancer Patients, Their Caregivers and Friends During an Initial Cancer Diagnosis. Half the net profits will be donated to a charity near and dear to my heart, The Cancer Couch Foundation.
Breast Cancer First Diagnosis & Treatments
Success Stories & Inspiration:
1. Since cancer came to town
2. October I just want to cry
3. Lessons learned from cancer
4. Finding some fun with cancer
5. How a Disney princess helped me discover my new normal (with cancer)
6. Choose Joy
I see wellness as a 360-degree approach. It’s not just one avenue that increases our longevity and quality of life. I’ve focused on clean eating for my diet, regular fitness activities, frequent mindfulness techniques and non-toxic self-care and cleaning products. My body and my home are focused on healthy aka clean living. As a cancer patient, survivor, and thriver…I look good and feel great. Below are some of my favorite posts with a little research and a lot of information. Check out the full Healthy Living Resources page for all our content including written posts and videos. I also feature healthy tips and information daily on my social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
Other National Resources:
1. Cancer Statistics and Facts
2. Clinical Trials: Cancer.gov
3. Cancer Nutrition Tips
4. National Cancer Institute: Caregivers, family and friends
5. Art Therapy
6. Preventative Screenings: What’s Recommended
7. Guide to keeping your home through illness
8. GottaMakeLemonade.com: Finding Positivity through Adversity – Survivor Stories
9. CancerCare: Support Groups, Financial Assistance, Counseling
10. Young Survival Coalition: Understanding Treatments, Scans and Reports
11. The Get in Touch Foundation: Breast Health Education (Girls/Boys Grades 5-12)
12. 1UponCancer.com’s List of Freebies and Discounts for Cancer Survivors
13. The Cancer Couch Foundation: Improving Treatments and Breakthroughs for Metastatic Breast Cancer
Or let’s meet in person…hire me to inspire your organization or team to embrace positivity and wellness for a successful personal and professional life. Check out CarynSullivan.com for more information.