I love smoothies and parties. You can often see me dancing and singing in my kitchen with an avocado in hand. Sometimes I have an audience, other times, it’s just me in my smoothie lab. I love playing around with different ingredients from frozen veggies to colorful superfoods. Want to create your own party with some plants? (You can thank Talia for the play on words or listen to her awesome podcast – Party in my Plants.) All you need are a few ingredients, an awesome high speed blender and family that’s open to trying new flavors. Here are a few of our recent favorites: Catch Me Mint and Mango Infusion Smoothies. Check out the recipes below and our healthy living page for more.
If you’re not a smoothie fan, I encourage you to consider them. Why? Smoothies are such an easy way to pack nutrients in your diet. They’re also portable. I especially love them because they’re easy to prepare in bulk and eat throughout the week. Have you heard my healthy food hack? Freeze smoothies – pull them out in the early morning and throw in your bag. They will defrost throughout the day for a middle of the afternoon snack. Or, let the frozen smoothie defrost for 30 minutes and eat it as a healthy ice cream substitute.
What are your favorite smoothie combinations?
- 🍦2c milk of choice - I use Pacific hemp milk
- 🍦1c frozen spinach
- 🍦5 medjool dates
- 🍦1/4 - ½ avocado (use more for a smoothie bowl or like thick smoothies)
- 🍦3 tbsp Navitas cacao nibs
- 🍦3 drops of edible peppermint essential oil - I use doTERRA (or a few sprigs of fresh mint)
- 🍦Add all ingredients except cacao nibs to a high speed blender - mix on high for one minute
- 🍦Then add cacao nibs to blender - pulse a few times on slow speed
- 🍦Pour and enjoy for a smoothie or freeze for a few hours for an ice cream substitute.
Looking for a speaker to inspire your organization or business team? Hire me to present or facilitate a seminar on resiliency, positivity or wellness in the workplace. Check out my business website and demo reel at CarynSullivan.com. I can be reached at [email protected].
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I may receive a commission with no costs to you. I pro-actively try various products and then affiliate myself with these items that I already use and love.