I’ve been known to motivate my child with a little “mommy marketing.” I’ll tell him that we’re not just running errands, we’re going on a scavenger hunt. This usually results in my son searching through the grocery store to find missing items needed in our home. We’ve also been known to train for our own Olympic games. We’ll run around the block timing ourselves in an effort to gain superhero strength. So it’s fitting that I often create food with this marketing spin. This week, I took a few simple ingredients for a healthy egg frittata and baked them in a train muffin tin. Obsessed with Thomas the Train for years, my son was thrilled to eat his very own healthy egg train frittatas. The clean-eating recipe is easy, wholesome and definitely kid approved.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1 cup frozen butternut squash cubes
- Combine eggs, milk and cheese in a bowl and beat the mixture
- Pour mixture into a muffin pan
- Drop in butternut squash cubes (3 for each muffin)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes
- Remove and cool for five minutes
How do you make breakfast healthier?