I love summer. School’s out and the kids are running around everywhere. When Fourth of July hits, I’m thrilled that the season is in full swing. See, I lived up north my entire life, so I’ve cherished the warm summer weather after months of being stuck inside. Even with the heat, I’ve found happiness by puddle jumping, diving in pools and buying treats from the ice cream truck. You see, I’m still a kid at heart. I love glow-in-the dark necklaces, patriotic songs and fireworks, so patriotic holidays bring a smile to my face.
Now that I’m a mother, I share my holiday spirit with my family by decorating the house together, choreographing our own parades and leading a kiddie DIY project such as this healthy American flag cookie. I’m very proud when I can trick my 7-year old into thinking a healthy snack is cookie-licious.
- 4 single graham crackers (Mi-Del Whole Wheat honey is the brand I use)
- 3 tbsp. coconut milk yogurt
- 4 strawberries – cut in small pieces
- 6 blueberries
- Line up four graham crackers – two on top, two on bottom
- Smother 3 tbsp. of yogurt on top of the four crackers
- Line up two rows of blueberries (three in each row) on the top left corner
- Line up two rows of cut strawberries next to the blueberries and three full rows underneath the blueberries
What’s recipe or party activity do you enjoy with your kids? Here are some of our favorite supplies to make your holiday weekend a big bash.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I may receive a commission with no costs to you. I pro-actively try various products and then affiliate myself with these items that I already use and love.