Caryn Sullivan is a wife, mother, writer, public speaker, former media executive, and cancer survivor who always finds a reason to smile.
An imperfect perfectionist, Caryn tirelessly seeks wholesome and reputable methods to improve her family’s overall health and well-being. With a storytelling-like style that’s easily consumable for the busy woman, her writing chronicles her enthusiastic search for a more-zen lifestyle.
As a longtime soap opera enthusiast and 17-plus year veteran of the sports and media industries, Caryn brings entertainment and great character to her daily life. She’s been seen dressed in a train costume while reading stories to her son’s class, leaving small notes behind to make her husband smile, and writing silly poems to motivate friends and co-workers.
A former Hostess Snowballs addict, Caryn now has a plant-based nutrition certification and a new-found love for green juices, avocados and hot yoga. She’s a regular contributor to HuffPost, Thrive Global and WTNH-TV News Channel 8 and has been seen on The Dr. Oz Show, Home & Family, HuffPost Live, Fox CT and News12 Connecticut as well as on her blog, PrettyWellness.com and YouTube channel. Caryn lives in Connecticut with her husband and son.
Interests and Honors
- The Cancer Couch Foundation, Board Member, 2016 – present
- Cornell T. Colin Campbell Plant Based Nutrition Certification, 2015
- Connecticut Writing Project – Fairfield, 2015 – 2018
- Kids II Pink Power Mom Award, 2014
- Fairfield University, “Poetry for Peace” Judge 2013, 2014
- Disney Institute, Leadership & Customer Service Training, 2011
- Speakeasy, Inc., Strategic Communication & Presentation Training, 2011
- Disney and ESPN Media Networks, Affiliate Budget Committee Leader, 2010
- ESPN Deportes, Affiliate Task Force Leader 2009, 2010
- Disney and ESPN Media Networks, Affiliate Sales Leadership Award, 2008
- Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT), New England Chapter, Leadership Award Nominee, 2008
- The Get In Touch Foundation (breast health initiative), Board Member, 2007-2008
- Wellness Enthusiast
- Miami University, Mass Communication Bachelor of Science, Minor, History
- Secondary Bachelor’s degree – 30 hours – English/Language Arts
- Fairfield University, Graduate Secondary Education (26 CREs)